Saturday, April 28, 2012

Boy, do I feel old

When we were in the mall looking for beer flavoured ice cream (the store ended up being closed, darn) we saw that The Avengers movie was going to be opening on Friday night. So last night we raced over there to see if we could get into the long line up for opening day.

Well, I guess the Avengers aren't quite as popular over here as in Canada because there was no line up. We just walked up to the window and bought tickets. But the coolest thing ever - you get to pick your seats! they show you the seating plan right at the window.

We had time to go to the food court to grab a quick bite before the movie. While we were sitting around the table we had a very interesting conversation:

Me: I'm looking forward to seeing The Avengers. I used to watch it all the time.

Jeff: What do you mean?

Me: I watched it when I was a kid. I loved Emma Peel and Steed.

Jeff: Who?

(at this point Jim, Liz and Boris start laughing)

Me: You know, The Avengers.

Jim: This movie isn't about those Avengers.

Jeff: It's about Marvel comic book heroes. Didn't you know that?

Me: No. Aw, now I'm bummed.

(everyone is laughing at me now)

Jeff: I wondered why you were so excited!

I ended up enjoying the movie immensely - even if it wasn't what I was expecting!




1 comment: