Friday, September 2, 2011

Still smiling

Our flight out of Montreal is delayed so we are all sitting around. Yes, I said all. It was touch and go for a while - one of us almost didn't make it!

Boris and I flew from Pearson to Montreal at 4pm and arrived at almost the same time as Liz who flew in from Edmonton. Jim had decided he needed to spend the entire afternoon at work and so would fly out of Toronto Island airport on Porter airlines, arriving at 7:30, with plenty of time to check in to our flight to Marseilles. Liz, Boris and I decided to go sit in the bar and have a drink while we waited for Jim. Probably a good thing considering what happened next. I think the best way to tell the story is by describing the phone calls and texts.

Jim phones Marian:
"Are you in Montreal? I am at the airport on the island. All the Porter flights are delayed. Mine isn't supposed to leave until 10:30."

(Boris says my face was quite comical to watch. The expression said it all)

Marian says to Jim: "Check to see if you can get on another flight." Marian starts to check flights online.

Marian texts Jim:
There is an AC flight to Marseille out of Pearson at 10:20. Arrives 6 hours after we do.

(Marian has a second drink)

Jim calls Marian:
There is a 7:30 AC flight from the island to Montreal I can get onto. Only problem is that Porter already has my luggage.

Marian calls Jim:
No answer. Where is he?

Marian, Liz and Boris decide that there now will only be 3 of us going on this trip!

Jim calls Marian:
"I am on the Air Canada flight. Got my luggage and RAN across the airport. Hopefully my luggage makes it on board."

Marian, Liz and Boris check in for the flight to Marseille. The lady doesn't even ask where the rest of our party is!

Jim finally shows up.

And we're still smiling!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!! Isn't Dad just the best!!!! Thank goodness he is a runner so he was able to catch that plane!!!!! Love kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the next blog?????? Mom - there is a thunderstorm and I'm not even scared!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete