| Dining Room |
| Ceiling |
| Private room |
All the Baidacoffs got the memo to wear white - I didn't!
| Birthday dinner |
Our dinner consisted of 4 courses, and we had 2 choices for each course. Jim and I chose the exact same courses from the menu. The appetizer was fois gras with some sides. You know Steve, you are absolutely right that the front of house staff has to know food as well as how to serve. The service was great but they didn't explain the courses very well, and by the time I get it in front of me I have forgotten what it said on the menu. See that cone shaped thing? They snipped the top off and the white part slid down onto the plate (I think it was fromage blanc) with a caramel like sauce on top of it. The orange puree was apricot, and there was a tulle around the fois gras.
| Appetizer |
The second course was roasted guinea fowl with a lobster bisque and seasonal vegetables. We loved the skin on the guinea fowl. It was crispy and not fatty at all. I don't usually eat the skin but I did this time. The lobster bisque wasn't very strong, it just added a little bit of moisture. I thought the vegetables in the jar was very cute.
| Main course |
I forgot to take a picture of the cheese course - it was a chevre and a creamy cheese like a Boursin, shaped like Steve does his potatoes and ice cream. The word is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember it!
We had wine pairings with the courses as well. The first wine was sweet too, almost like a dessert wine. We had a red wine with the guinea fowl and it was perfect - not too heavy but a nice flavour. I should have written down the name!
Our breakfast the next morning was also lovely, but my favorite thing was the individual baguettes that they had! I love baguettes and will miss them a lot when we come home.
On our way from Chartres to Versaille we stopped at a bakery and came across this pastry. I think they are a new type, I had never seen them before although we have seen them in several stores since.
I wanted to show you that we really traveled in style. After Provence we decided to return one of the cars we rented since Stephen wasn't going to be traveling with us and we could manage to get all our luggage in the back of one car. There were these neat little tables that folded up from the driver's and front passenger's seats. This is a picture of when we were stopped - unfortunately I can't read or type in a car because I get sick. But that cup holder came in handy!
You know the saying, you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Well, it applies to me. Every time I see the C on a tap, I think Cold. In french it is chaud, which means hot. I know that but my first thought is cold. F on the right side, stands for froid, which is french for cold. Liz asked me, "If you think C stands for cold, then what do you think F stands for?" I answered her - Frigid!
hey - are you playing Scrabble with Bev and not US??????? WELL!!!!
ReplyDeleteQuenelles!!!
ReplyDelete